Full day private tour in Flanders Fields
Visit the battlefields, cemeteries and other World War I memorials in Flanders Fields.
My private 8 seater Volkswagen Caravelle takes you to Ypres where you discover the battlefields of World War I.
Pick-up: at the cruise terminal of Zeebrugge or Antwerp or at a hotel in or around Brussels: within 100 km or 60 miles radius.
Driving from the Zeebrugge cruise terminal to Ypres is about 65 minutes; from the Antwerp cruise terminal to Ypres is about 90 minutes.
- Ploegsteert 14-18 experience and ANZAC Memorial to the Missing
- Messines Ridge New Zealand Memorial to the Missing
- Hill 60
- Polygone Wood & Buttes New British Cemetery
- Memorial Museum Paschendaele with Memorial Gardens
- Tyne Cot, Zonnebeke: largest Commonwealth War Graves Commission cemetery on the Western Front, with New Zealand Memorial to the Missing
- Essex Farm Cemetery, Ieper: John McCrae: "In Flanders Fields, where poppies grow …"
- Flanders' Fields Museum
- Last Post at Menin Gate
Restaurant recommendations can be given for your lunch break : you can go for "haute cuisine" or for simple but delicious mussels with fries.
After the tour I will take you back to the cruise terminal of Zeebrugge or Antwerp or to your hotel in or around Brussels: within 100 km or 60 miles radius.
Tour duration: 12 hours
This itinerary is a proposal which can be customized and which is open to questions, suggestions, remarks and changes. Also on the day you will find me flexible, both with regards to timing and contents.
My Volkswagen Caravelle has space for 7 passengers and their luggage. I have the required licenses and am insured to transport passengers.