The Port of Antwerp in half a day
With a surface area of 12.000 hectare Antwerp is the second largest port of Europe. The port accounts for over 60.000 direct jobs and over 80.000 indirect jobs.
As a port city, Antwerp has unbreakable ties to the Schelde River. There are all sorts of ways to explore and experience the river and the port.
guide-a-ride organizes an entertaining and educational harbour tour in a private mini-van under the guidance of a professional harbour guide, suitable for both companies as private individuals.
What’s included in the tour:
- The Old Port with the Pilotage Building, the Red Star Line Building and the Museum at the Stream (MAS) by Neutelings Riedijk
- The New Harbour House by Zaha Hadid
- The “Pomphuis”
- The Church Ship “St-Joseph”
- The Fruit Port
- The Petroleum Port
- The Deurganckdock or Container Port
- Fort Lillo
- The church towers of Oosterweel and Wilmarsdonk
- The Doel Nuclear Power Plant
- Numerous docks, locks and bridges
This itinerary is a proposal which can be customized and which is open to questions, suggestions, remarks and changes. Also on the day you will find me flexible, both with regards to timing and contents.
The tour lasts four hours, can be booked in the morning and in the afternoon, and can be combined with lunch or dinner in one of the trendy harbour restaurants.
My Volkswagen Caravelle has space for 6 passengers and their luggage. I have the required licenses and am insured to transport passengers.